Cherry Hill FC is pleased to debut a much expanded version of its successful developmental training program (Travel Prep Academy) this fall, beginning September 14th, to provide adittional local training opportunities for ALL interested players to improve their soccer skills.
The Club has run a developmental training program since 2011. That program, CHFC's Travel Prep Academy, targeted recreation players who would transition to U8 travel the following year. It was a full-year program run by a professional trainer on Friday nights at the Decou facility.
The Club's expanded Developmental Training program expands that training by providing develpomental opportunities to players born in 2004 through 2012. Players do not have to be a current CHFC recreation or travel player to participate.
Below, please find answers to basic Developmental Training questions.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long are the training sessions and when will they be held?
- All Developmental Training will be an hour, on specified Friday nights, at the Decou facility.
When will this training begin?
- Friday, September 14th. Training dates include: September 14, 21, 28; October 12, 19, 26; November 2, 9.
- CHFC will provide a similar program in the Spring.
- Each participant will receive an official CFHC training top.
Who provides the training?
- Professional trainers selected by the CHFC Board.
What should my player expect at these sessions?
- Fun, effective and age-appropriate individual training in a group setting that seeks to improve players' ball control (touch) and individual shooting, passing and dribbling technique.
Why did the Club expand its developmental training?
- CHFC has long believed in the benefit of individual technical training for youth soccer players as a compliment to team-based training. We have seen many CHFC players dramatically improve technically through our Travel Prep Academy. This expanded training opportunity will give more youth soccer players the opportunity to improve technically, close-to-home, whatever their current ability level. For many, it will be a third day of training under the watchful eye of a professional trainer. For others, it will be an introduction to professional training and a whole new level.
What happened to CHFC's Travel Prep Academy?
- The Travel Prep Academy still exists -- just under a new name! The Developmental Training program is available to those who would have attended Travel Prep this fall (players born in 2012) but is also available to players born in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005 and 2004. Same program, new name, provided to additional age groups!
Where may I register my players?
For additional information, please contact Director of Coaching, Dave Cornish.